(Page updated 3/25/20)
To help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community and to protect our employees, effective Monday, March 16, 2020, the Town of Gypsum has closed public access to town facilities in an effort to restrict in-person interactions and will be providing services via phone and/or online services. These precautions will be in effect until Thursday, April 16, 2020, when they will be reevaluated.
The Town Manager is requiring non-essential municipal workers, whose duties allow, to temporarily work from home through April 16, 2020. The goal of these arrangements is to continue to provide as many Town services as possible while minimizing in-person contact.
Members of the public may contact essential service divisions listed below, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM by phone or online. Contact information and on-line services can be accessed at www.townofgypsum.com or as listed below.
Town Hall Functions:
- General questions – call 970-524-7514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Utility Payments – You may drop payments in the dropbox outside of the Town Hall or pay utility bills by phone, 24/7 by calling 1-866-889-8328 or at www.townofgypsum.com
- Sales Tax – call 970-524-1753 or email email@example.com
- Passports – call 970-524-1752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Licensing, Elections & Municipal Court – call 970-524-1738 or email email@example.com
Community Development Functions:
- General questions – call 970-524-7688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building Inspections/Plan Review – call 970-524-1740 or email email@example.com
- Code Enforcement, Engineering, and Permitting - call (970) 524-1729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Works, Streets and Parks Functions:
- General questions – call 970-524-5024 or email email@example.com
- For after-hour emergencies, please call 970-904-0159
(Please give town employees proper time to respond to any emails or voicemails left outside of normal business hours.)
Gypsum Creek Golf Course will close to the public beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020 through at least April 16, 2020, due to an inability to ensure personal distancing and sanitation procedures and to comply with the latest Eagle County Public Health Order.
Municipal Court - This month's municipal court date of March 17th has been canceled. Future court dates will proceed as planned, though this may change based on circumstances.
Municipal Election - Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Gypsum’s Municipal Election initially scheduled for April 7, 2020, will now take place on July 7, 2020, and will convert to a mail-in ballot. This decision has been made to protect the health of town staff, election judges, and voters and to adhere to the intent of Eagle County’s March 18 Public Health Order, while ensuring that Town voters can exercise their voting rights without fear for their health.
Eggstravaganza Event has been cancelled in 2020 due to current State and County COVID-19 Public Health Orders.
Gypsum Rod & Gun Club - is closed to the public though at least April 16, 2020 in order to comply with the latest Eagle County Public Health Order,
Gypsum Public Library will close effective Wednesday, March 18 at 5:00 p.m. until further notice. During the closure pick-up of materials reserved on-line or by telephone will be available outside of the buildings. Prior to closure, public computers will be unavailable after 5:00 p.m. on Monday. www.evld.org
Beginning at 5 PM this Monday, March 16:
- Public computers will be closed to the public until further notice.
- We will continue to offer wi-fi services without interruption, with access that serves both inside and the outside perimeter of the Library building.
- All Library programs, events and meeting room bookings have been suspended.
During the Closure:
- Pick-up of materials reserved on-line or by telephone will be available outside of the buildings.
- Digital collections will remain accessible throughout the closure period.
Gypsum Recreation Center is closed until further notice. Mountain Recreation has closed all facilities district-wide. More info here.
ECO Transit Public Transportation operations are continuing with some modifications. Please click here for changes and keep the following guidelines for all public transit in mind.
- For the safety of other passengers and your bus driver, please do not use public transportation services if you are experiencing respiratory illness symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath.)
- Buses may limit the number of passengers boarding to accommodate social distancing during the next several days and weeks.
- Please be respectful if your driver asks you to wait for another bus. This may happen even if the bus does not appear full.
- Please practice good hygiene and try to leave a minimum of 3 feet of space between yourself and other passengers.
- If possible, consider traveling at off-peak times.
- Some routes may be canceled on short notice. Please contact your local bus dispatch for updates.
- Expect delays and plan accordingly during this time.
Please note, the symptoms of COVID-19, have been expanded beyond fever, dry cough and shortness of breath to include: headache, body aches, earache, sore throat, loss of the sense of smell or taste, or sometimes abdominal pain, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Vail Health and Colorado Mountain Medical are now conducting COVID-19 testing for patients with these symptoms.
Please call your primary care physician first to review your symptoms and determine if and when testing will occur. If you do not have a primary care physician, please call any primary care office or Urgent Care facility for further instructions. Click here for a list of local providers and facilities. Since only our high-risk cases need to be tested, you may self report your symptoms here.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to evaluate this situation and make decisions in the interest of keeping our community safe. We will update this information as circumstances change. If you have questions about COVID-19, call the CO HELP Hotline at 1-877-462-2911. For local and state COVID-19 information and updates, visit any of the following: