Gypsum Community Cleanup Day
Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 8am - 12pm
Due to COVID-19 our usual spring cleanup has been postponed and is now a late summer/fall clean-up! Now Gypsum residents have all summer to purge and prepare to bring unwanted items to the Sports Complex parking lot from 8 am to 12 pm for free dumping. Or, if you are all set in that department, please join staff, local businesses, and other community members in our roadside and path cleanup to help keep Gypsum beautiful and clean.
Roadside & Path Cleanup
Round up your friends, family, or coworkers and meet us at 8:00 am in front of the Town Hall. Gloves and trash bags will be provided. Volunteers will be treated to breakfast refreshments and coffee before they are teamed up and dispersed through town. We encourage businesses and organizations to form their own teams and join in too. Following the cleanup, the Town of Gypsum will provide volunteers lunch back at Town Hall. Please email email@example.com to set up a team and volunteer.
Dump Site information
- Available to residents in the Gypsum Town limits only. Sorry, this does not include Dotsero.
- Proof of residency is required upon arrival. Post office boxes are not proof of residency.
- Trinity Recycling will be on hand to take metal and some electronic recyclables. Sorry, no TVs or computer monitors.
- Alliance Record Services will provide paper shredding services. Paper shredding will be located at the Annex Building west of the Sports Complex.
WE WILL TAKE YOUR DUMP LOAD AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN LINE BY 12:00 PM. Any vehicles that pull in line after 12:00 pm will be directed to take their load to the Eagle County Landfill.
** Eagle County residents may dispose of up to 1600 pounds of trash and 4 tires per year at the Eagle County Landfill via a Free Punch Pass. To obtain a Free Punch Pass you must be able to provide 2 forms of proof of residency at the landfill with physical address only. Post office boxes are not proof of residency. Free Punch Passes may be picked up at the landfill office during normal business hours Monday through Saturday.
For more information about the Eagle County Landfill and Recycling Center CLICK HERE
For seniors and folks with physical disabilities only, the Town of Gypsum Staff will also provide curbside removal of waste items within the town limits. To schedule curbside removal that morning, contact Town Hall at 970-524-7514 by Friday, August 21 before 3 pm.
Acceptable items to dump:
- Bulk items
- Electronic devices
- Tires (maximum of four please)
- Lawn Debris (must be bagged/contained)
- Carpet (must be in rolls)
- Landscape timbers (must be no longer than three feet in length)
- Car batteries
- Refrigerators accepted with PROOF OF FREON REMOVAL must have a certificate OR $5 to remove Freon on-site by Skyline Mechanical.